Art on the Road

Wednesday 4 April 2012

Grundge Art Workshop

I registered in an online art workshop by Julie Pritchard "Act Natural"...how to make grundge art. I began with Lesson #1, of course and this was much fun! It consisted in doing a collage in neutral colours which could serve as a background for future paintings.

Here are the pieces of papers (receipts, book pages, envelopes) that I used. I did not have a great choice of vintage papers but I decided to go ahead anyway!! It's just an exercise...now, I know what kind of materials to collect!!!



The second step is to peel, very lightly, pieces of the papers.
Sanding the collage and applying some neutral colour helped to unify the look! It was early in the morning, I was just having my first coffee sooooooooooooo I gave a little to my collage!!!





I dipped a rag in Raw Umber and made scratches and added drops of acrylic ink...sprayed water, to get to the final result down below.

This exercise is to train one to make interesting and grundge looking backgrounds for future paintings!!!
This is the last version with acrylic glazing liquid to unify colours.

It is kind of addictive...I will do many more! A fun way to experiment with materials and to relax...

No comments:

Post a Comment